About our Staff
As experts in matching tutors and pupils, it is vital that we recruit our tutors beyond standard procedure. We require recent enhanced DBS certification and provide a formal examination of the candidate’s working history, specifically with regards to experience and/or qualifications related to pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Our process for recruiting tutors is as follows:
- Assessment of application - covering working history and other areas
- Informal interview - scoping potential tutor's appropriateness for TCES Home Learning
- Formal interview - conducted face-to-face, we ascertain comprehensive review of applicant's skills, working history, and suitability for our children and young people
- Vetting - Following required processes and more, as is outlined below
This process goes further, however, in order to best match the learning styles of a pupil to the skillset of the tutor. We consider a pupil’s subject strengths, sensitivities, preferred learning platform(s) and language skills when identifying the appropriate tutor, in the hope that outcomes extend beyond those of basic learning and provide pupils with a comprehensive plan to suit academic, emotional, social and wellbeing needs.
Our Vetting Process
At TCES Home Learning, we pride ourselves on going above and beyond the DfE’s guidelines in order to ensure that our clients can be 100% assured that TCES Home Learning tutors have been vetted by the most stringent procedures available.
The candidate is subject to a number of stringent quality checks as follows:
- Identity check
- Examination of relevant employment experience
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Barred List
- Previous employment history
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Recent enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Medical Fitness
In the regrettable event of an incident occurring in your home involving a TCES Home Learning tutor, you can also be assured that we will follow DfES Incident Report guidelines to the letter. We will also provide all relevant documentation within our powers and attend any subsequent meetings or hearings.
Safeguarding our pupils is vitally important and at TCES Home Learning we wholly support the Government initiatives to secure the welfare of our children. Anyone who comes into contact with vulnerable children or adults must have a DBS Enhanced Disclosure in place which we will review every 24 months.
For more information about DBS, please follow;